Wednesday 15 October 2008

The Man Without The Digital Camera

I have been lost the last few weeks. The unimaginable happened...my flash stopped working on my camera. Thankfully it was within its warranty and I sent it back to Ricoh to get fixed. Anyone spot the nod in the blog title to a classic film of Russian cinema?

The past few weeks I have got a bit behind with listing some new DVDs on Ebay,,but more importantly I have not been able to document stuff for this blog. What goodies have you missed, well I made, some gorgeous treacle pudding and custard this weekend, tiramisu the weekend before, I made a Cyrus Todiwalla inspired curry on Friday night.

Curry Recipe
http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/607286

This one is a tomato and coconut milk based curry, served separately with fried coconut (grated) and sweetcorn, the trick of this dish is to toast the coconut in its own natural fat till its brown. I added prawns instead of Orkney crab...with some rice,,it was very tasty.

I was very impressed with Cyrus Todiwalla stint on Market Kitchen (UKTV Food Sky Channel 249) a couple of weeks back. He came across well and I found his recipes to be very original. He even did an Indian Sheppard's pie, normally I wouldn't even look at this,,as I have a thing about mince,,all I will say is I had a traumatic time at primary school eating the stuff. Anyway Todiwalla's ingenious twist, besides spicing up this British classic was to use small chunks of lamb and not mince. So for that reason i will be trying it in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HP Digital Camera Care: advices that attention should be paid to batteries:
-'Do not expose batteries to temperatures above 110 degrees F (43 degrees C). For example, leaving batteries in your car in the hot summer sun can result in permanent damage. Your best bet is to store them in a place that’s cool and dry.
- Do not overcharge the batteries.
- Do recharge your batteries before or after long-term storage. Batteries discharge over time, and if not recharged they may leak and corrode the camera.
- Do not mix old and new batteries or batteries of different types.

droach75 said...

Thanks for that advice, it turns out just the Firmware needed updating.