Thursday 18 December 2008

Listening To.....

The brilliant Dusty Springfield. My interest in her was reawakened by a beer ad over the summer that used her track Spooky.







Anyway trying to find this song is very hard. Because Spooky is a cover, Dusty couldn't release her version before Classic IV made it a hit in the UK. So the record company released it as a B-Side to How Can I Be Sure in 1968 . This is why its so hard to track down.

That's why I was so excited when I found it on The Complete A and B Sides 1963-70. this is a fantastic CD, as you get 41 tracks on 2xCDs. The CD includes all the greats like I Only Want To Be With You, I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself and Son Of A Preacher Man. Whats really impressive is that a lot of disc 2 (B-Sides) is just as good as disc 1 (A-Sides). A keynote for Audiophiles is that the CD set contains the original mono versions.

This great CD set is available on Amazon for a criminal price of 4.99. Do yourself a favour buy it for yourself, or give it to friends as an Xmas present.

1 comment:

DJ said...

or...get your friend to do you a copy for free. Credit crunch an all!